- Begin by purchasing several pieces of CLEAR (not frosted) plexi-glass plastic.
- Bevel (you can purchase a bevel for under $20-) or you can sand the edges of the plexi-glass, doing this, gives an interest to the border of your finished art work. (Optional)
- Wash the plexi-glass and gently polish with comet cleanser. Rinse well.
- Coat the entire surface with a diluted gum arabic solution. 60 water, 40 gum arabic. Let plexi dry overnight.
- Place plexiglass over a sketch, a finished pece of art or a photograph.
- Now you will see through the plexi-glass at your image.
- As you paint directly onto the plastic surface, add small amounts of gum arabic to your water based paint as this will give the colour more texture and retard drying time.
- When finished, place a piece of hot press paper or special print paper over the piece of plastic, plexiglass.
- Burnish the entire surface (I use a wooden spoon)
- Peel off the paper.
- Enjoy your beautiful, watercolour mono-print!
I will be revealing ideas, dreams and methods that I use as an artist. Please share your own creative process. Together we will keep the creative fire's burning bright! Victoria Faern Montgomery
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
The view from my hotel window in Assisi was so wonderful. This image is cropped so that I could see more of the texture in this watercolour, mono-print. If any of my artist friends want to "play" then here are the steps to creating mono-prints:
Posted by Mystica's Light at 7:03 AM