I will be revealing ideas, dreams and methods that I use as an artist. Please share your own creative process. Together we will keep the creative fire's burning bright! Victoria Faern Montgomery

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wet on wet

The flower above, is painted on hot press paper and I enjoyed how easy it is to pick out the lights with a flat and slightly moist brush. Also easy to blend colours,
Whereas with the watercolour  of apples in a glass bowl (above) because of using heavy, 300 lb. Arches paper, I used 2 glossy peices of paper and a sea sponge to pull up the white highlights in the bowl of apples.

Fun morning, applying wet on wet glazes and blending opposite colours for shadows. I also had a great time with spattering (in a subtle but effective way).

Transparent Water colours
My beautiful selection of transparent water colours.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

Don Juan: "To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of the candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle."
Carlos Castaneda

Love and Light,
Faern

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faern,

    Just sending you a very warm welcome hug and thank you for popping into my blog.
    Will enjoy keeping in touch and following your art journey.
    Keep the 'creative fire's burning' indeed!

    Your blog looks like an inspiring place to visit and shall try to pop in from time to time.
    perugina
    :)

    ReplyDelete